Sunday, 19 June 2011

My operation

Well I underwent the knife last Friday & have now been 'signed off' by my Doctor for 6 weeks, given a set of crutches that I haven't mastered & have been told that I should wait at least 4 weeks before I contemplate full weight bearing on my knee.

Good news is that I have almost full movement in my knee & I can partially weight bear with only a little pain, so am hoping that the recovery will be quicker that I expected. The bad news is of course my knee is knackered & I am already bored s**tless at home!!

I've set up my rolling road in the garage & plan in the next few days to get on it & just keep my legs spinning, no gears & just doing a few hours a day to keep my fitness maintained as I don't want to lose too much of my stamina.




Sweeney Todd, the demon barber who did my knee!!


As I plan to be back road cycling fairly soon (This is actually part of my recovery, as it builds up the quad muscles & takes some of the pressure off the knee). I think I'll need all the help I can get. Cycling is of course a non impactive discipline & I'm hoping the summer will join me & the rain & wind can bugger off!!



Anyone got any EPO??

Alas I am very much playing it by ear to see when & how far I can go when I get back to the road cycling. If at anytime I feel pain or discomfort I shall simply stop, so I'll not be straying to far from home!!

The rolling road will be my companion when my wife is at work, & my god I hope I can finally break in my Brooks saddle, it's a battle of wills now & I refuse to let it beat me!!


My new home, with my specially designed rear tyre (low resistance)

No comments:

Post a Comment