Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Post operation recovery

Well it's been a week since I had my operation & the recovery seems to be going well. I have just started going back to the gym & have done a number of spin classes, which I am happy to report don't appear to have an ill effect (my orthopedic surgeon has recommended cycling as one of the best forms of exercise for the knee as it places no pressure on the joint) & I have even managed a small road cycle. Hopefully this means I'm on the road to recovery.


I was given crutches, which I never really mastered, but I'm now off them!!

I have also added swimming to my training regime. I have decided in May 2013 to give a full Ironman a go & I am grateful for my friend Becky for her help in trying to improve my technique. She glides through the water like a Polaris missile, I hardly move & look like an epileptic having a fit in a ball of spray & splash!!

I have no idea what she is doing here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment