Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Barmy weather continues

On Sunday, with this unexpected glorious weather I was joined by Sandra & Kelly & we headed out onto the very familiar North Downs for another training ride. (I can't see we will be doing too many more of these, the weather must change soon).  We did one of our 'normal' routes & it was fantastic.

The ride it's self was uneventful, we did choose the side roads up to Chelsfield as the traffic was busy & the usual Sunday drivers were out in force.  Why do car drivers think it's necessary to get that close to cyclists??


Our route

The only trouble with this route is the horrible climb up Starhill Road.  I have recently changed the tyres on my spare wheels & I put these wheels.  I forgot that the gearing is slightly different on my rear wheels & god did I suffer up the hill.  I was so slow at one stage I was only doing 3mph, but didn't have to resort to the granny ring, which always pleases me!


My near death experience at the top of Starhill Road!!


Kelly almost drowning in my sweat (Top of Starhill Rd)


Great pic of Sandra & I, near Cudham Lane

Smiling as the hills were behind us & it was all plain sailing back home with the next 10 miles virtually all down hill.....woohoo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment