Saturday, 19 November 2011

Another first, for 2 of us!!!

My local cycle shop has for years been hosting a Saturday morning cycle ride with various groups leaving to cover different routes according to ability.

Today I was joined by another gym friend Anne, who has never ridden a road bike & we joined one of these groups & went out over the North Downs again on roads I didn't know existed.  We had a fabulous ride & found a well hidden cafe that the cycle clubs around North Kent seem to know & do a great bacon sandwich!!


I found a new 1.5 mile climb today which was steep all the way & my legs discovered what lactic acid means!!  Fortunately the cafe is at the top, so had a little time to recover

After my operation I have also started running again, not fast & certainly not any huge distances yet, but I am slowly getting there.  I'm aiming to the do the Bromley 10k in January as my first event & will be following a programme to hopefully do this in under an hour.  Well that's the plan anyway


My 8 week programme

No comments:

Post a Comment