Wednesday, 13 March 2013

A slow recovery

Well Monday I had a cortisone injection in my groin, which to be honest was agony, but on the plus side it offers some relief.  I'm having the other side done in 6 weeks time & Monday & Tuesday next week I'm off for physio.  I'm hoping to be able to do a little more than cross train & spin soon???

This road to recovery is a long drawn out affair & I shall be glad when I can finally don my running shoes & join my friends Rosa & Laura for a trot round the meadows.  I have a feeling this may be some way off yet???

With the onset of the annual fitness test at work, I need to get this injury cured as soon as possible & besides I've now got 4 tri-athlons that I'm doing this year, so really need to be 100% fit or as close to it as I can be.  It's not like I'll win it or anything, but don't want to come last!!




Yes it did hurt like hell!!

1 comment:

  1. Generally speaking I don't mind needles, but it would have to be a VERY pretty nurse for me to allow an injection in the groin!! You have my admiration and sympathy, but zero empathy.

    ReplyDelete