Sunday, 18 August 2013

Henley-on-Thames Tri

I never realised how far Henley-on-Thames was away from my home & in hindsight I wouldn't have entered it.  Getting up at 3am to drive there was no joke!!

I got there at 5.30 in the morning & racked my bike ready to go

I still think I need a time trial bike??

The tri went well, the swim is getting better but still has a lot of room for improvement, the bike was OK (it always is) & the run I did a PB so over all was happy.  The actual course was a little choppy & there was one bar-steward climb, short but really steep.  Have I mentioned before that I hate hills??

The swim was interesting too, I have never done an open water swim in a river before, no one told me about the current.  It was an out & back swim (you should just be able to make out the yellow buoys) & it seemed to take an eternity to get there, I turned round & it was like a champagne cork out of a bottle, admittedly a very flat bottle of bubbly!!!

The lovely River Thames

Looking forward to Tunbridge Wells Tri next weekend!!!


Just a 2 hour drive home now!!
I did make it back to the gym & managed the last half an hour of the spin class too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment