Thursday, 12 September 2013

Crowborough Tri

Well last Sunday I was joined by the 2 Tony's & had another early start & drove down to Crowborough in Sussex for another Tri.  It was a 400m swim, 20k bike & the usual 5k run.  I had been shield training Thur & Fri the previous few weeks & my legs were heavy before I event started & by god the cycle nearly killed me off.  The first 4k were downhill & I reached nearly 45mph.  The bike ride was a tale of 2 half's, with the adage of what goes down must go up.  The second half of the ride nearly killed me!!!

The machines at the start

The other machines at the start!!

Racked & ready to go
The speed & profile of the ride.  God I hate hills!!
The run was another hilly circuit but it didn't compare to the bike ride.  A bacon sandwich to finish & another excellent organised & run event that I will do again next year.

Another one chalked up!!
I'm now looking forward to next year & I have entered a half distance, which is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride & a 13.1 mile run.  I'm hoping this will take me about 6 hours.  I need to work on my swimming & running & to help with the cycling I have ordered myself a new bike

My new baby!!
I've only got 2 more events this year that I've entered, a 100 mile bike ride this Sunday & then Eton Downey Tri on the 29th September.  I think I need a rest after that!!!!????

No comments:

Post a Comment